Adzuki Bean and Pumpkin Casserole
One Pot Wonder casseroles are highly nutritious, an excellent time saver and great for the whole family! Adzuki beans are highly nutritious with good quality fibre, minerals, B vitamins and high amounts of antioxidants. Soak well to remove the phytates that latch onto the minerals preventing absorption. An excellent bean to help weight/ fat loss and improve gut health!
- 2 cups adzuki beans (pre soaked and cooked)
- 1 cup pumpkin diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/2 tsp tamari (soy sauce, gluten free)
- 2 tsp lentil flour (thickener, or cornflour)
- 1/2 swede diced
- baby spinach handful to stir through at end
- Prepare the Adzuki beans by soaking them for 48 hours (or longer). Discard the water and cook in fresh water for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Add all other vegetables (except the baby spinach) into a casserole pot. Stir well.
- Place casserole (with lid) into a moderate oven and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Stir through spinach
- Serve with a few dollops of COYO yoghurt, some red capsicum relish (see other recipe) or chopped fresh chilli.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!