Adzuki Bean and Pumpkin Casserole
- 2 cups adzuki beans (pre soaked and cooked)
- 1 cup pumpkin diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/2 tsp tamari (soy sauce, gluten free)
- 2 tsp lentil flour (thickener, or cornflour)
- 1/2 swede diced
- baby spinach handful to stir through at end
- Prepare the Adzuki beans by soaking them for 48 hours (or longer). Discard the water and cook in fresh water for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Add all other vegetables (except the baby spinach) into a casserole pot. Stir well.
- Place casserole (with lid) into a moderate oven and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Stir through spinach
- Serve with a few dollops of COYO yoghurt, some red capsicum relish (see other recipe) or chopped fresh chilli.