When your given a freshly picked organic butternut pumpkin from a friend what do you do???
Make an awesome soup of course!
This soup is packed with health fortifying goodness including vegan sources of protein, calcium and magnesium (seeds), omega 3 (hemp), perfect for the change of season to get your immune system ready for winter. Good quality garlic, fr
Organic Butternut Pumpkin, Hemp, Pumpkin and Sesame seed & Cannellini Bean Soup
- 1 pumpkin ORGANIC of course
- 1 carrot
- 1 can cannellini beans organic
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red chilli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion brown, diced
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup pepitas
- ¼ sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- sprinkle italian herbs
- Roast the pumpkin and carrot in most of the coconut oil – 175 degree oven for about ½ hour
- Add in the seeds in the last 10 mins in the oven
- In the meantime fry off the onion, garlic, chilli and spices in a large saucepan in the remainder of the coconut oil
- Add the pumpkin oven mix
- Add the stock
- Cook for about 5-10 mins
- Blend and serve with tahini lathered toast - Enjoy!
esh chilli and spices create a warming glow to your digestive system.