Holistic Aromatherapy Massage is a therapeutic full body massage using pure plant essential oils. When blended together safely and correctly, they have been found to provide both psychological and physical benefits, adding an extra dimension to the massage. The essential oils are comprised of individual constituents – tiny molecules with pharmacological actions which when absorbed may create subtle therapeutic responses in the body. We absorb the essential oils through the dermal layers of the skin and via inhalation as the molecules diffuse down through to the capillary network. The positive emotional response is via powerful memory associations that the molecules evoke through our sense of smell as they interact with the higher centres of the brain. The result is a therapeutic blend that synergises within your body systems to create a positive therapeutic response.
Aromatherapy is a term defined in the early 20th century as a combination of energies: the synergy between the client and therapist, the massage, and the use of essential oils. Essential oils are steam distilled or expressed from plants, flowers, resin/gum, wood, twigs, fruits, and roots. They hold the ‘vital force’ of the plant, made up of the many individual compounds that initiate the positive responses in our body.
The benefits of Holistic Aromatherapy Massage:
- Emotional support
- Supporting balance within the body
- Mental & physical rejuvenation
- Clearing congestion or inflammation
- Supporting digestion processes
- Relieving muscular aches and pains
Examples of conditions that may benefit from essential oil used within a massage:
- Physical and Mental Stress
- Muscular Aches & Pains
- Associated conditions during stages of Pregnancy
- Digestive Disturbances
- Poor Concentration
- Local application for skin reparation (e.g. eczema)/ pain relief (e.g.arthritis)
- Emotional support during Major Life Transitions
What to expect in your Holistic Aromatherapy Massage:
Short consultation; unique essential oil combination blended specifically to suit your requirements; full body massage; aftercare advice.
- Cypress, juniper, rosemary, geranium – body detoxifier and fluid retention
- Lavender, orange blossom, vetiver – calm down the nervous system
- Rosemary, black pepper, ginger, lemongrass – after sports or recovery from jetlag
- Peppermint/ lavender – to relieve tension headaches
75 minutes – $135