“An Integrated and Holistic approach to achieving optimal health and wellness”
Naturopathy is a system of healing that focuses on ways to bring balance back to your body using a combination of evidenced-based and traditional practices. It encompasses a broad range of treatment options that include: dietary and lifestyle adjustments (the foundations for good health), food as medicine, and the prescription of nutritional and/ or herbal medicine.
As a staple of traditional medicine, and used as a complementary healing method alongside modern medicine, naturopathy seeks to restore and maintain the equilibrium of your body.
In doing so, your immune system is best placed to fight disease and illness, and your body’s natural ability to self-heal is encouraged.
After all, don’t you deserve a life full of health and wellbeing?
The benefits of naturopathy
- Correct Digestive Issues – indigestion, reflux, heartburn, bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, gut infections (fungus, mould, bacteria, parasites), dysbiosis, intestinal permeability (known as ‘leaky gut’)
- Identify and Manage Food Allergy/ intolerances – for example, wheat, gluten, dairy, lactose
- Achieve Fat Loss and Weight management – programs tailored to suit your requirements
- Strengthen your Immune System – chronic colds and flu, herpes simplex virus management, allergies, sinus and congestion relief, urinary tract infections, post nasal drip
- Balance your Hormones – irregular cycles, PCOS, heavy or painful periods, PMS, fibroids, endometriosis, menopausal issues, fatigue, sleep issues.
- Improve Men’s health concerns – libido, stress management, chronic disease management
- Balance and improve your Mood disorders – anxiety, mild – moderate depression, irritability, stress management
- Improve and rectify Skin conditions – dermatitis/eczema, acne, fungal nail infections, skin conditions such as rosacea/acne rosacea
- Enhance and improve your Sleep issues – insomnia, poor quality sleep
- Manage and improve symptoms of Autoimmune conditions – Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, support with body systems that may be affected by an autoimmune condition, psoriasis, Crohn’s, Ulcerative colitis, Rheumatoid arthritis
- Reduce inflammation for Musculo-skeletal health – osteo-arthritis management, muscle injury or tears, bursitis, gout
- Improve and rectify Skin conditions – dermatitis/ eczema, acne, fungal nail infections, skin conditions
- Assist in the management of Life transitions – children’s health, puberty, pregnancy (preparation and support), menopause, andropause
- Calm Nervous system disorders – migraines, anxiety, insomnia, stress
- Management of genetic polymorphisms e.g: MTHFR, pyrroles
Booking an appointment with one of our Dee Why Naturopaths?
Here’s what to expect
Step One – We’ll get to know you
Preliminary information sought: Once you book your initial naturopathic appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with a link for you to download an “initial health questionnaire”. You are required to complete the questionnaire about your current health issues and history and email back within 24 hours of your appointment time.
Step Two – We’ll get to the root of your health concerns
Initial consultation booked – 60 minutes ($180): thorough investigation of main presenting complaint, medical history, family health history, body system health overview, medication/ supplement analysis for contraindications, preliminary physical examination (BP check, iridology, skin, hair, nails, tongue, VLA Bioimpedance test.
1st follow up ‘Report of Findings’ – 45 minutes ($135): further pathology / VLA test result assessment; assess signs and symptom improvement; treatment plan alteration or enhancement.
Step Three – We’ll follow up and stay on top of your health
Standard follow-up – 30 minutes ($90): Further follow up of chronic issue; monitor health improvement; acute condition e.g. cold, flu, UTI.
Overtime – 15-minute increments: $40
VLA further tests – $40
Repeat scripts: A repeat herbal medicine scripts may be ordered via website – NB: only one repeat script per consultation visit.