The is perfect for mid-week throughout the week or to feed the family in one go. I found there was a fair bit of meat mixture left over, so froze it off for another time.
- 4-6 large capsicums
- 500g prime grass fed / organic beef
- 1 x BPA free can kidney beans
- 3 gloves garlic
- 1 leek
- 1 red onion
- Several sprigs fresh thyme
- Shitake mushrooms
- Baby carrots x 2-3
- 1 stick celery
- 1/3 jar organic tomato paste
- Cracked pepper
- Smoked paprika (this is a key ingredient for flavour!)
- Fresh parsley
- Sunflower seeds
- Grated parmesan cheese (as topping)
- Add a little olive oil to the pan and fry off the leek, onion, garlic, herbs, spices, celery, carrots, mushrooms (plus any other vegetable you desire)
- Add the beef and fry off
- Place the halved capsicums on an oven tray (moderate oven) and bake for 15-20 minutes – you can drizzle with a little olive oil
- Bring the capsicums out of the oven and scoop in the meat/ vegetable mixture
- Pop some parmesan on the top of each filled capsicum and place back into the over for about 45 minutes (or until the capsciums are soft).
- Serve with steamed cruciferous vegetables that are squeezed with lemon juice and topped with fresh parsley.