The is perfect for mid-week throughout the week or to feed the family in one go. I found there was a fair bit of meat mixture left over, so froze it off for another time.
4-6 large capsicums
500g prime grass fed / organic beef
1 x BPA free can kidney beans
3 gloves garlic
1 red onion
Several sprigs fresh thyme
Baby carrots x 2-3
1 stick celery
1/3 jar organic tomato paste
Smoked paprika (this is a key ingredient for flavour!)
Grated parmesan cheese (as topping)
1. Add a little olive oil to the pan and fry off the leek, onion, garlic, herbs, spices, celery, carrots, mushrooms (plus any other vegetable you desire)
2. Add the beef and fry off
3. Place the halved capsicums on an oven tray (moderate oven) and bake for 15-20 minutes – you can drizzle with a little olive oil
4. Bring the capsicums out of the oven and scoop in the meat/ vegetable mixture
5. Pop some parmesan on the top of each filled capsicum and place back into the over for about 45 minutes (or until the capsciums are soft).
6. Serve with steamed cruciferous vegetables that are squeezed with lemon juice and topped with fresh parsley.